Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Clever.

        For 12 years Susan G. Komen has been benefiting from Yoplait's Save Lids to Save Lives Campaign. Ten cents is still donated for each mailed lid. I am not sure if it is because of this campaign, or not, but I have developed a habit of looking at all yogurt lids for similar campaigns. 
       For instance, this morning I was eating Dannon's Lite and Fit yogurt. I absent-mindedly checked the lid and found myself being a dorky business/PR major. I got excited because there was a health tip on the inside of the lid, it read "get inspired and stretch or do crunches on commercial breaks". with a link to discover more health tips on their facebook page.  
       Somewhere in the last decade or so the inside of a yogurt lid became a platform for communicating with consumers.  Dannon is benefiting from an already conditioned public. We have been trained to check the lids, Dannon was just smart enough to use this outlet to communicate.
       Not sure if they planned this or not, but I thought this tactic was very clever.  I for one was reached by the message, and although I did not friend them on facebook... they made me stop and think.  Honestly that is half the battle. I am inspired by their creativity in discovering a voice through their packaging. 






4 comments:

  1. That's so funny that you saw that on the yogurt lid! I lovee yogurt too, and I always lick the lid before I throw it away. Putting an advertisement or campaign on the bottom of the lid is so clever because who would ever think to put a slogan or anything there? Though it seems so obvious to utilize that space because seemingly everyone who eats yogurt checks the lid before tossing it, I never would have thought about doing that. As a marketing major, this opens my eyes a bit in that thinking out of the box, you can come up with some untraditional but effective ways to spread your company's message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Dannon! I think that more companies should look into this tactic. When you are printing and packaging products anyway, you might as well use the packaging to its full potential. I am going to start looking on the bottom or other side of every consumer product I pick up just to make check and see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are the simple steps to withdraw Bitcoin from Electrum wallet and this blog is very informative and you'll get the right information. Electrum wallet is in demand among many users of safe storage. Users can also consider guidelines to Withdraw Bitcoin From Electrum Wallet and follow every step. The withdrawal process takes only a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up. We are providing technical support for How to Swap Bitcoin in Electrum Wallet?, for more information visit our website.

    ReplyDelete